phd application evaluation, I need your opinions please

C

Hi everyone,
As I am very much concerned and worried I would like to hear from people who are having the same experience in applications to phds. Actually, I applied to UOttawa for the phd for the fall 2012. I waited about 9 weeks until I got a reply of rejection telling me that I didn't submit the right English exam since English is not my first language. I submitted the ielts general training instead of academic. So now I am reapplying and I submitted the academic ielts exam results, but I am very anxious to know about the process of evaluation of my application. Do you think that when I first applied, my file or application was successful except for the English that I have to submit or the committee didn't see my documents (transcripts, SoP, letters of recommendations, resume,..) and if it is the case, then why did they take that long time to tell me that I am rejected. How do you consider my chances to be accepted, I have a good GPA and I have a very long professional experience in my field.
Thank you in advance for sharing your thoughts

C

please any suggestions, any replies...

D

It's hard to say, because it's possible that each school has it's own evaluation process. It's quite possible they rejected you because the application was "incomplete" and didn't review the rest of the application. The important thing is you've resubmitted now, and hopefully good news is on the way. If you're really curious about the evaluation process, it never hurts to ask, but I suspect they may be too busy to respond soon. Good luck! It sounds like you have a strong application.