PhD at the Health Protection Agency

S

Hi guys, I was just wondering if anybody knows anything about doing a PhD at the health protection Agency, in particular at the centre for infections at colindale. I wanted to know how it would compare to doing a PhD in an academic setting. I would appreciate if anyone has any information. Thanks

S

hi i had an interview there two years ago. cant offer a great amount of information except i felt it would be more like a job as such rather than say working in a university where you come and go as you please, plus the format would be slightly different with it being an external agency.

T

I had an interview at their Porton Down site a few years ago - as has been said before, expect it to be a professional job-like atmosphere, probably without the social perks of a University (hundreds of clubs, a Union building etc). However, most people working there seemed to be quite young, I suppose they've had a big recruitment push of graduates etc.

You'll also still be affiliated to a University so you might not lose all the perks of academia.

S

Thanx for the info guys