PhD has really knocked my confidence

B

good luck cc!! glad to see you are feeling better now that you've found a printer you have to remind yourself that you are in a better position than many of us...submitting soon! That's fantastic news no matter what. think about those who still have to go through the whole 4 years...

don't feel like your phd is defining you. and even if it were, i am sure that it is at least good enough to pass. my advice would be to go for the gentler examiner if you don't want to stay in academia afterwards anyway...again...don't let some other thougher guy define who you are.

sorry for the late reply. been stuck with a bad flu...kids as well... so the last couple of days have been a nightmare...see life and its other challenges still continue despite the phd. that's for the stepping back...

C

This morning I was planning on just checking minor things. This afternoon I realised the mammoth corrections left on one chapter. I've already had a panic I don't understand and have been having big re-writes of sections
If I can finish that one chapter tonight.....

C

Can you believe my partner is working harder than me at the moment...
I worked from 9.00-23.30 yesterday. My partner went to work, went straight to a paid gig, came back at 1am and did 2 hours work he had to do. We've no hot water (aprt from shower) so I think that bath and the massage is out of the question.....

V

C'mon,dear.
don't feel that depressed. honestly, i really cannot understand your situation as I am only a fresher in my ph.d course, joined only a few weeks earlier.
Anyways, just want you to rememeber that there are more important things in life to do than merely completing your ph.d thesis. Someday, you will certainly feel that.
All the best.

V

C'mon,dear.
don't feel that depressed. honestly, i really cannot understand your situation as I am only a fresher in my ph.d course, joined only a few weeks earlier.
Anyways, just want you to rememeber that there are more important things in life to do than merely completing your ph.d thesis. Someday, you will certainly feel that.
All the best.

C

I've printed!!!!!!!! I can submit on Wednesday when it is bound
I'm going to have my viva ASAP. I can relax at least for today and ignore PhDs and job applications. I'll keep you updated on my viva.
Thank you for being supportive.

S

wow, great!!!! CONGRATULATIONS! what a feat! what an achievement! i hope you are VERY proud!