PhD in Clinical Research?

G

Hi, currently doing MSc in Clinical Research pt (I work ft in Pharma). I want to do a PhD in Clinical Research, but most Pharmacology/Therapeutics PhD's I see are in lab research. Can anyone tell me if they've done a PhD in Clinical Research that's based outside the lab, or give me anymore information? I've already spoken with my department, & done some research, but I'd appreciate people's opinions - this is only the second year of this course I'm doing, and Clinical Research as a PhD is a new area.
Thanks!

Find research groups or individuals who have published work similar or related to that you wish to carry out. Write to them and ask if they would be interested in taking you on.

G

I am currently working as a research assistant in a clinical setting and I am planning to do a PhD this year in clinical research. I know that several people in my department have previously got non-lab based PhDs and that this area is becoming very popular. Its not all bench science anymore!

G

Hello. I am doing a PhD in pharmaceutical health services research which has epidemiology component to it. Experimental epidemiology is also called clinical research. Look for PhD programs in Epidemiology that have courses or faculty that work in experimental epidemiology/clinical trials. Another option is to look at Schools of Pharmacy for PhD's in clinical research - University of Maryland (my school) has a PhD in clinical research. Good Luck.