PhD in Dental Public Health

T

I would like to purse a PhD in Dental Public Health.But I am not very familiar with this area of study and to purse a PhD i need to draft a research proposal.Does anyone have any sugguestions on where or who could help me out with this?Or for that matter does anyone of you know of whats are the current issues in Dental public health that need to be looked into based on which I could develop my own Phd?

I would be grateful to you sugguestions!

O

Aren't those typically the things you take into consideration in deciding to pursue a PhD? I would suspect that you can find relevant journals and other publications that would provide you with information. Why would you want to do a PhD if you are not familiar with the subject matter and do not want to research the current issues?

G

The $64,000 question.

O

Or, at today's exchange rates with the pound and the dollar the £2,342.07 question.

T

I am familiar with the subject,but I need a relevant issue to work on to get draft a research proposal.And based on the research proposal I can avail sponsorship for the it.

G

A much better idea would be to 'get reading' rather than attempt to shortcut the process on here.

T

I am reading on it!But I was thinking if someone doing a PhD in the field,they could give me some sugguestions.

L

Trench...it looks like we are interested in the same area! Where are you and where are you applying?

T

Lynn I am in Europe and going to be applying here,what about you?and what do you think of future prospects of the field?Would we get a job afterwards?

L

Hi Trench,
Can you mention which schools? Pehaps we could switch schools and become full out professors after graduating! .

I'm in Ontario,Canada and yes, I believe that oral health is going to be a main concern (for Canadians anyways) in the future. We are seeing more research published to date on how our mouths affect our overall health (i.e. increased knowledge on how oral diseases are related to systemic diseases) and dentistry is still not a part of our National health care system

Anyways, it is really awesome to meet someone else out there who shares similar interests. I often feel like a loner in my area of research...but it will pay off one day!

T

Lynn ,[email protected] add me and perphas we could chat about it