PHD IN GERMANY OR UK in TISSUE ENGINEERING??

M

hi everyone....i am a medical doctor in israel. I am about to finish my internal medicine specialization. I am intersted in PHD in tissue engineering ( stem cells ....)
do you know what are the best labs in this field in Germany OR in UK.
and is it UK or Germany in this field/ i will be happy to hear from ppl in the field especially in these two countries

D

Hello,

I have a doctorate in Tissue Engineering from the UK. The first centre for TE in this country was University College London (UCL) where I studied for my PhD, but several other Universities conduct research including Birmingham, Manchester, Sheffield, Liverpool. With regards to stem cells, UCL has some interesting work from several separate groups including Dr. Stephen Minger and Dr. Chris Mason (Tissue Engineering). I would go to one of the regular Regenerative Medicine conferences to make contacts about prospective PhD projects in this area.

Good luck.

K

hi madam. can you elaborate your research specification. I mean in which area of stem cells and particularly in which topic you are interested in for PhD?
regards

S

Is Liverpool good for stem cell research then?

M

hi there...sorry for the very late response...simply i was too busy thanks for your help.
well, regarding the q "whch field in stem cells" i am interested more in two aspects: the one which deals with endothelial cells-dysfunction, regenration by new EPCs ...and the second regarding diabetes and stem cells...

M

thanks dante....
may i ask you if it is better to contact the mentioned drs by e mail..or send my CV by regular mail with recommendation letters.or directly by calling them ?
yours sincerely