PhD in Literature - Distance Education

P

I'm a 24 year old female currently residing in Maine. As we speak, I am finishing up my Master's program. I'm also researching possible doctoral programs. The only problem is, I cannot relocate due to familial obligations and my current career. I would like to obtain my PhD in English Literature through distance education. I know University of Birmingham offers this option. However, I cannot find any other schools who do, and I do not want to apply to only one school. Does anyone know of any legitimate schools which offer doctoral programs in English at a distance? They do not need to be within the USA, but please, no for-profit or completely online Universities. I'm looking for brick and mortar Universities that just so happen to offer distance options.

D

I think you can consider 'Lancaster University'. It offers PhD programs through distance learning. If I remember right, students doing their PhDs through this mode are required to meet their supervisors once a year. You can take a look at the website below:

http://www.lancaster.ac.uk/