PhD in Paris, France - HELP!

T

Hi! can someone please help me? my wish is to find a good PhD studies in Paris, France,( i am from Croatia, europe) but their sites are very bad organised, or i am an idiot..hehe..so could anyone please help me with some web adress or site that you know of, that is good for PhD in Architecture, and how to apply..thank you so much...
p.s. i even sent e-mails to their staff ( of faculty) but no answers...)...
Thank you very much!

B

Not to put a dampener on things, but French universities - at least the top ones in Paris - are notirously difficult to get into. They are incredibly closed and hierarchical in nature. I doubt you would stand a chance unless you speak and write very good French. You might consider other European countries.

Good luck!

T

uh..thank you for the answer..yeah..i thought so too..wondering is there a sence to go through all that trouble...thx anyway

R

Hi Timea,

do you know any people in France? Usually it helps a lot if you have an "insider" who knows the system. I do not know about your French, yet similarly a native speaker my help you regarding the "fine finesse", often it is these issues that make the difference.

Good luck

T

hi!!
well, thank you very much...This was the thing i had in mind, to have a private teacher, that is native speaker....Thank you for your advice, i'll try to find someone i know from france...

E

Hi, I'm French and I have not been able to figure out yet how their website work... When you apply to university straight from France, you get all these information from people you know, etc...

I did all my university studies in Ireland and the UK, and had applied for a Master in Paris after my BA, and it was quite a headache to do as when I was calling them to chack the status of my application, they had no idea in which department they should send me too, in the end I did in the UK.

For PhD, all the people who are successful in their doctoral studies in France generally contact a high-profile French supervisor in their field, try to find contact details, ask info and take it from there. Basically your network is crucial to get in.

I don't know of anyone in architecture though, sorry I can't help more, but best of luck

T

oh my god!!! that made me laugh...
ok..so the final conclusion is it is damn hard complicated! My parent's friend is an architect, so i'll try to ask her, but she is has nothing to do with studies, so...have your fingers crossed!!!thank you for helping...good luck to you too
p.s. perhaps it will work..who knows!!

M

I think it is worth trying if we think things are difficcult, if you dare hard enough nothing can stop you from gettin into a french university. Keep trying and follow ur dreams. Only u have the power to make things happen, always look at life in a positive way, never be disuaded by anyone go for it

M

look at Ghandi, Mother Theresa, man u must dare hard enough....nothing can stop you only death...at the stage od PHD u must pay the price wateva it takes. Keep shining and follow your dreams, some people see the limits of their own vision as the limits of the world: few do not :JOIN THEM NOW

S

Mellib, are you on some form of narcotic?

H

Most of what mellib says never makes sense so I just ignore his/her posts.

M

I make sense cause all of you seems so negative, wake up and give positive advise; H this message is not for you stay positive and stop hating because you cant get in a paris university does not mean he cant

H

I don't want to get into a Paris university, I never thought to and never will try.

T

It has nothing to do with being negative, it is all to do with being realistic and weighing up possibilities.. There are lots of things other than death that can stop you in life!

M

Ok i can turn this conversation into somethin positive, focus your energy on your PHD, and if you dont have anything good to say shut up. He needs guidance, networks contacts, not that settling for less statements of urs. Tell him go to Mr X or aunt etc....not i dont think you will make it OK..