phd in psychiatry in USA

R

What are the requirements to do phd in psychiatry in an institution in USA? I am from India and have D.P.M. and M.D. in psychiatry after my medical graduation i.e. M.B.B.S.

O

Forget it-too many abbreviations.

R

what abbreviations you are talking about? These are medical degrees!

O

D.B.M., M.B.B.S. - nobody expect a few experts know what you are talking about. Therefore your enquiry is unlikely to attract any useful advice. Why don't you check the requirements yourself on university websites?

R

It seems you are not from a medical field. D.P.M. means postgraduate diploma in psychiatry and M.B.BS is the graduate degree in medicine in India. I searched the information and was unable to find in University websites. It will be really appreciated if somebody can shed some light.

G

Constructively, very few Americans come on this site. You will do far better finding an equivalent US version of this site. Good luck.

R

Dear golfpro , can you suggest some such site as you mentioned?

G

Sorry, being UK based No. I'm sure there must be something like this US based though.

R

well then do you know some such position in U.K?

S

hey rudrapc,
i guess one of the main qualifications you need for a PhD, in UK US or anywhere, is that you show some initiative.

so, go looking. there are links on the left of this screen. you will find information on the US on US sites. a PhD is an individual project, and no-one but you is going to do the necessary research to find it.