PhD Interview Help

R

Hello, I have been invited to interview for a PhD in biomedical research - studying heart and circulatory disease. I am actually just finishing my masters in chemical engineering so have not had much experience in biomedical research, but the position is open to students from a variety of backgrounds such as engineering, and I was very interested so went for it. I am not sure the best way to prepare though. In past interviews it has always been related to my course and technical questions are areas that I have studied. However, like I said I have not had much experience in biomedical research, so at the moment just trying to find out as much as I can, although there is not a set research topic so its quite broad! Any advice on how I should prepare and what kind of questions I might be asked? Is it likely that there will be technical ones? Any advice much appreciated!

K

If it is not your background they may not expect you to be able to answer many technical questions, but you'll probably have to justify your interest in that area and explain what you will do/ are doing to find out about the area.

A list of other general questions are on this site: http://www2.le.ac.uk/offices/ssds/careers/resources/further-study/interviews/example-interview-questions