PHD Scholarships, procedures and duration

M

I would like to began my PHD in Environmental, Energy, Renewable Energy or Energy Economics related topics. I am looking for Scholarships opportunities to do my PHD. I also wanted to know that how long PHD will take as I have finished my MSc last year. Can I do it part time on the scholarship as well. Anyone please help me continue my studies.

M

depends on the sponsor, genrally FT funding is common

J

A Ph.D takes time. Usually three to four years minimum, full time. Part time more like five to six years minimum. It's nothing like Master studies. Be clear about it. I've told ya

S

In addition to all that - if you do it full time (in the uk)

you need to be Vivad within 4 years for it to count in the Universities RAE ratings - otherwise you don't count in their 'Official' rankings

and you only have 7 years to complete - otherwise the work is not considered novel - how this is affected if you do it part time I'm not clear as you can suspend your registration and gain more time if you are struggling

Most folk finish within 4 years although typically funding is only for 3 years and you have to find other means of support for the last year

This depends on how well organised you are! - says me at 3 and a half years

Good luck

S