PhD Studentship interview presentation

F

Hi everyone, I submitted a research proposal and have been shortlisted for an interview. They have also asked shortlisted candidates to prepare a 10 mins presentation exploring “how would you incorporate some aspect of your research into your teaching”. I might sound absolutely dumb asking this, but what exactly do they mean by incorporate aspect of you research? My proposed research will be exploring certain culture, sexuality and gender issues, so therefore the areas and aspects I could teach in relation to my own research are: social and culture theories, childhood and society, equality and diversity, change management, civil society, communication and interaction, gender issues and sexuality research methodology and designing qualitative studies. Therefore, would I say that the above named areas from research can be used in teaching OR have I misunderstood the question?

Thank you so much

T

See this thread:

There are also several others on this topic on this forum

C

I would interpret the question in the way you have, FRA. So far, the teaching I've been asked to do has been on research methods (I think it is quite common for PhD students to be involved in this type of teaching) and I also know some people who have been asked to give guest lectures on their specific areas of research. It sounds like you've generated quite a good list of things you can speak about.