PhD Supervisor Contact Help

G

Hello guys , thanks for taking the time to read this . I am a recent Computer Engineering graduate with a strong 2:1 , missed first by 1%.My third year dissertation project was really well done giving me 85% and also a research intern for summer in my undergrad schools department . I was always passionate about research and so decided to do a PhD . I am very interested in applying in one of the UK top institutions for a PhD in robotics. I have found the area I want to apply for , chosen the department and even found 2 supervisors with awesome compatibility with my interests . In fact they are doing research on it right now actively . I have written an email to them with all the tips I 've gathered from all around guide websites . I am really good at communication with my schools lecturers/professors but I never had communication with people from other schools which are not in any way connected to me through a class or something . The problem is Ive sent them 2 emails over a time of one month with no response . I could apply to the program directly but I would prefer if I had a supervisor that is interested in me before that . Also I need to add that when I finished my undergrad in summer I had found an opportunity at the last minute for a Msc+phd in the same university and asked them whether any of their studentships where available . They told me that they had a couple left , but that I was extremely late for it so chances where very slim . But I went for it , even met for an interview and made it to the last stage of the process but was rejected because other candidates had stronger backrounds , I guess most of them had Mscs. Also to improve my standing I am now doing an Msc in Data Science for which I got a full funding from my previous university . Should I email again ? I will be visiting the university as a prospective student soon .

E

Could anyone help Grad_user?

T

Yes email again, but also apply to the school directly if you don't get a reply. A student in my lab did this, got accepted and then got allocated the same supervisors she wanted anyway. Also, try calling them, see if that gets a better response.

G

Ok then , I will try once more . I have enough time for 1 more try anyway . The deadline is in 1 month