phds and sport

S

Read ur past post Neil and interested to hear ur an athlete, I train a fair bit too, but do you have trouble fitting it all in? Do you have to give some training sessions the elbow when the PhD gets busy? Interested to hear from anyone who has a good balance! Is it poss to compete at a high level but still undertake a PhD?

H

I still need to sort out fitting in going to the gym, I have an off-peak membership so no go after 5.

I need to do it soon so I cant fight the flab :¬O

A

Just getting back into the gym thing. Usually go early in the morning ca. 7 am and spend and hour there with the weights. Sounds too early for some but as there's hardly anyone there you can do your full circuit without waiting for a possible queue to die down. I went a few times in the afternoon but there were too many people just standing around the equipment in their finest gym outfits but not wanting to do anything to break a sweat, strange....

D

I`m hoping to hear if I`ve got into the London Marathon this year too! Maybe see you there Neil (along with the other 60,000 or so runners).