Pi**ed off !!!!!!!!

K

Im PI**ED off im feeling like i can not be arsed to do anything and am not intersted in doing anything. I dont no why i feel like this usually im so motivated. Anyone else feeling like this? how can i snap out of it? I have been in for the last couple of days and just sacked my PhD off to mess about on the internet.

S

Yeah I feel like that all the time, nevermind mate

S

It's natural, especially if you have been at it continuously for some time. I'm in FT work at present (quitting over the summer to start the PhD in the autumn) and feel drained and motivationless. It's probably just that your batteries are low and need refreshing (I assume you're still interested in your topic!).

How about taking a week or two's holiday, get well away from the university and do something active that involves nothing to do with your PhD.

K

I think that sounds good. Im having a meeting with my supervisor soon so im going to ask for a few day off. Then ill come back motivated i hope. Yes im still interested in my topic i just think im going through one of those phases. Im sure we all experience this. Being a typical bloke i just needed to moan about it!!!

S

Actually, its more typical of a woman to moan about it. Blokes just get on with it

K

That means im obviously a bloke in disguise

K

wooooops got that the wrong way a woman in desguise.