Please help me to collect data for my dissertation

L

Hi all,

If you work or have worked in a technical department (e.g.: engineering, R&D) for any firm, I'd like to ask for your help with my dissertation project for my Master degree by completing the following survey (it takes less than five minutes):

http://edu.surveygizmo.com/s3/1146238/What-do-workers-of-technology-related-firms-look-for-in-their-leaders

The purpose of this activity is to survey individuals with technical academic backgrounds (engineers, scientists) who work in technical units (e.g.: engineering, R&D) for technology-driven firms about their immediate supervisors or line managers. Ideally, enough data will be collected in order to:

1. Determine with a 95% of confidence what attributes these individuals think their leaders should have in order to be effective.

2. Determine if technical expertise is the most important virtue workers in technical departments look for in their leaders.

Collected data will be totally anonymous.

Thank you very much for your help!

N

Filled it out!

I just did not know if I should rate the leader's extraversion or friendliness. Luckily, with him I can rate both the same, but if I had chosen the team admin for example, I would have rated extraversion as very high and friendliness and low.

L

Hi Newtophd,

Thanks for filling out the survey and for your feedback!

I will fix that ASAP!

Cheers