post christmas marking mountain :(

C

Is anyone else swamped byone of these?
In the weeks before christmas it was easy to put the marking off as had loads of time....then time went......and now I have 35 more to mark by monday (had 68 in total so barely half way :-( )

Anyone else spending saturday night sat in marking? anyone who wants to procrastinate join this thread!

P

My plan was to finish marking by Christmas Day, have a few days to relax and then focus on the PhD from Jan 1 (hangover permitting). So why do I still have half of the essays still unmarked?!

B

Same :( Also have a huuuuuge number of exams to mark at the end of Jan. But after that, no more marking and no more teaching. Just phding. Have to finish by Sep 2010 and am a bit behind. Still enjoying it, but I think the next few months will be stressful...

Yes I hve more to do than I care to bring into my consciousness: I'm marking them while stting on the sofa, half watching TV and recovering from a blistering cold.

However, So You Think You Can Dance has come to the UK and is on BBC1! Right now, so am taking a break; I nearlyy wept with emotion a few minutes ago..

Good luck people!

C

glad i'm not the only one then. I'm still sat in PJs in bed as it's the warmest place in the house (plus can't get distacted by the TV) may move to the living room in a bit for a change of scene when the central heating comes on.

W

Don't mean to seem facetious but I want to do some marking! 2 years and 3 months into my PhD and I've never had to do it once! My Saturday evening is proving no better than yours, except for my mountain of work entails working on chapters for my work.

C

i can send you some :-)

B

Quote From walminskipeasucker:

Don't mean to seem facetious but I want to do some marking! 2 years and 3 months into my PhD and I've never had to do it once! My Saturday evening is proving no better than yours, except for my mountain of work entails working on chapters for my work.

The novelty soon wears off, and at 2 years 3 months in, it's the last thing you need! There'll be plenty more in the years to come if you stay in academia!