Post viva- no summit or finishing line in sight :(

K

Hey Pineapple! Just wanted to add some words of encouragement. I didn't have to go through the whole revise/resubmit thing so I can't say I've been there, but I feel like I can relate to the long hard slog you are going through more generally. I had a lot of health problems during my uni time (as you already know) and several times had to drop out and re-start the year, and it was hard to keep the motivation going for so long. Something I have always done throughout my studies is to imagine how I will feel in that moment when everything is done and I have the result I want. I remember pounding it on the treadmill in the gym even during my undergrad and thinking about how it would feel when I got my degree result, how proud my family would be, and the same throughout my MSc and PhD. The other thing is, even though it probably doesn't feel like it, you have done the hard bit (in terms of the thesis itself, not necessarily the emotional turmoil that goes with it). Everything you need is there in front of you, and your examiners have already told you it is of PhD quality. So you know you will get there if you keep plodding and that it will be good enough. Perhaps you could give yourself a reward when you have finished with each chapter? After all, you have to look after yourself over these next few months as well. Best, KB

K

Just as KeenBean said, keep going! We are all here with you if you need support
Have a nice calorie free treat to keep you going(mince)