Poster presentation - printing help

I have a conference coming up soon and need to present a poster. However, my uni is on snow lockdown and I don't event think they have a printing department anyway. I need to print it from powerpoint if possible

Any ideas, it will be A0 or possible A1 size.

W

Happy New Year, Sneaks. Yes, I think you can print as A0 or A1 with Powerpoint, but I find it never comes out like it looks on screen. So what I'd do is save it as a pdf and then use Adobe Acrobat to print it out at that size. That's what I've done in the past with posters for conferences. There's less chance of anything going wrong.

ok, I only have a free pdf converter though, so it sometimes warps the graphics. And where do I print it? I'm thinking staples at the mo, but not sure if they will charge me big time!

W

Sneaks, do you use Microsoft Office 2007? If so, it's possible to save it as a pdf directly from that. You may not have the little add-on though to do it, but you can get it free from Microsoft Office online. I'm not sure about the best place to print it but at A0 you're looking at a charge of about £25-£30 - ouch.

ooh, I use cutepdf at the mo, I never knew of such a Pdf accessory to office! I will try down at staples - I actually have to design it first so in a bit of a panic!

D

I've done a couple of posters before and I've used power point to design them. I then went to computing services at uni who were able to print them off for me - and make sure I was selecting the correct printing options! I think it cost about £8 for the larger size. Maybe your computing services could help? I'm sure ours has leaflets and guides for poster design/printing

I don't think my uni has a printing service - or it is VERY well hidden. I also live 3 hours away from uni with a £30 train ride, so its cheaper for me to do it where i live.

D

Maybe a local printers in town then? You know the type of place that would do wedding invitations? Maybe they could help or suggest somewhere else you could try