Problem with TOEFL score, PhD

L

Hello there,
I am doing a master in theoretical physics and I have submitted an application for a PhD in Edinburgh. I have excellent undergraduate marks and one distinction, and a 2:2 so far in my master. I took the TOEFL test and my score was 81 (they require 92), so I'm planning to retake it in 2 months. Do you believe that this is going to have a very bad impact to my chances of admission and even more to my chances of getting funding ? Also I am a little bit anxious because I didn't go very well in my master studies because of some personal problems. What is your opinion ?
Lir

Hi Liremy,
In my university the language test is a prerequisite for all those students' whose first language is not English. This can be waived if you can demonstrate that you have been a member of staff, or you have previous experience of studies in the UK. If I were you I would discuss it with your future supervisor/ relevant member of staff in the Language Centre/ administration. They usually provide short courses on academic English prior to the entry tests, so it might worth to ask about them as well. Funding is usually allocated on the basis of your academic history, but there may be huge variations depending on the department, number of students, subject etc.