Proofreading PhD scholarship letters and applications

J

Hi Everyone
This is the first time I have signed on this forum, so forgive me if I am doing this wrong.

I basically am preparing an application for a PhD and alongside it am also applying for a studentship at the same university. However, I cannot stress enough, how desparate I am to get accepted, even though I have been accepted in principal by the Director of Studies to supervise my studies. I just am wandering if there is anybody out there who won a scholarship for a PhD and someone who can proof read it for me and tell me if it is a winning one or not. I mean at the moment I am quite heavily relying on the sole fact that i have been accepted in principal immediately. I got a 2.2 in my degree and a Pass for my masters with a Merit for the actual Masters dissertation itself.

You can be a PhD student, but I specifically would like someone who has won a scholarship/studentship for a Phd, ideally from a Social Sciences or Humanities background.
Any ideas anyone?

Jatinder :-)

A

I can help if you like though I'm a scientist. PM if you want. Good luck :-)(up)

J

Hi, thanks for responding, that's fine if you are a scientist, as long as you have a PhD and applied for funding yourself, when you applied to do your PhD.

I look forward in hearing from you, then I will send you my letter that I have wrote so far to the Vice Chancellor.

Kind Regards.
:-)

A

I am a PhD student and yes I did win a fully funded studentship.

J

Would you be able to provide me with your personal email address, so I could send my covering letter to you. I spoke to the Graduate School at the proposed university, and I asked them what a guide length would be. They responded that it doesn't really matter. I have wrote two sides, more like a page and a half, and I feel they are all essential points, but can you check to see, is it strong enough, or what points can I make that will really make the Vice Chancellor to start nodding his head :-):-)