punctuation question

A

Quote From Pootle:

According to Fowler & Fowler (authors of "The King's English" and honorary patron saints of English grammar) either is acceptable, although the first option is more accurate. Good choice! ;-)

Now that's what I call a helpful user :-)

Hey, Ady - a star! Thank you! Best of luck with the rest of your final tweaks.

P.

R

Quote From ady:

Quote From Pootle:

According to Fowler & Fowler (authors of "The King's English" and honorary patron saints of English grammar) either is acceptable, although the first option is more accurate. Good choice! ;-)

Now that's what I call a helpful user :-)

Awww, Ady, you've finalised this punctuation debate like an Oscar ceremony
:-x  but I understand your decision. For me and the likes, who did not receive stars and who are following our sups suggestion and yet facing the final stressful stages, the big question of priority of a citation over a  period still remains open.
:-)

A

Hope I'm understanding you correctly Rina - I did vote you a helpful user. Stars get progressively more difficult to get. One star as far as I can see takes just one vote and all the others are multiples of that. So my vote for you will bump you up the star ladder as it were just not enough to get another star.

Probably as clear as mud ! but there you go!!

R

Thanks, Ady, but I am not after stars here, that was exactly my point, but thanks anyway. To sum up: both punctuation options are acceptable. Good luck with your work.
(up)