Question about Endnote

S

Does anyone know how to stop it creating a bibliograhpy at the end of the document? Just want to be able to input the footnotes (Chicago style) without creating a bib as well...

A

I don't know I'm afraid, I will do on Wednesday. You know what they say...

S

Bounce

K

Ooooh, this was SO annoying when I was writing.

SixKitten, which version of Endnote are you using? Mine was Endnote 6, and I never founf a way of using Cite while you write withouth it adding the bibliography on the end. All I did was simple select bibliography manually and delete it. Not ideal, I know.

If it's any consolation, I DO know that later versions of Endnote (8 onwards) have a facility to "switch off" the bibliography - I saw a friend of mine doing it only recently. Does the endnote website have any info? (http://www.endnote.com/)

P

I am using Endnote 6 too. I always make the bib list in one hit after I have finished my entire document. To do this, I just click the 'Format Bibliography' shortcut in the Endnote toolbar in Word (looks like a small list of 1,2,3). To get rid of the list again, I click the 'Unformat Citations' shortcut in the toolbar (looks like an arrow looping out of some square brackets. This converts all the in-text references back to (Smith, 2004 #236) format and the bib list itself disappears. Does clicking the 'Unformat Citations' get you what you want? Is that what you are trying to do SixK?

V

Tools- Endnote- Unformat citations. And when you want them back then do the same, except for Format citations.

S

I tried unformat citations, but it took all the footnotes out as well, which I need to be able to look at GRRRR