questionnaire costs

B

good point, i was told to avoid N/A or "other" if possible.........i use liker scales too that's wy :P

B

Hi!

just a question to revive this thread...i sent 30 pilot questionnaires to companies but not to specific people as my database didnt give exact names or emails (or 100% updated) ,so i sent them to the firm by doublchecking the post codes etc.

I also called several of the secretaries who seem ok and friendly to the point where i dont see why i should call.........they're all ok with it!

should i bother calling them again ? i dont want to push by asking manager's names etc. but i did mention they should pass it on to them...and they said they should get it by default.

its very tyring calling them all.......is there anything more I can do? I also emailed the companies as a reminder but i dont have (all) of manager's emails, so some are general addresses

B

Hi!

just a question to revive this thread...i sent 30 pilot questionnaires to companies but not to specific people as my database didnt give exact names or emails (or 100% updated) ,so i sent them to the firm by doublchecking the post codes etc.

I also called several of the secretaries who seem ok and friendly to the point where i dont see why i should call.........they're all ok with it!

should i bother calling them again ? i dont want to push by asking manager's names etc. but i did mention they should pass it on to them...and they said they should get it by default.

its very tyring calling them all.......is there anything more I can do? I also emailed the companies as a reminder but i dont have (all) of manager's emails, so some are general addresses

I would ring again, although be careful not to harrass them. Realistically the PA's/admin staff will leave it on a to-do pile for months, so may be best to promt them.

B

ring again today? i just called yesterday..

i suppose ringing in 5-7 days would be better......(?)

yeah, sorry, that's what I meant - a follow up call at some point.

J

Is it a long questionnaire? Is it sensitive stuff? Are these all the firms you are going to contact? If so, I guess you will have to phone them, probably several times, try to get the secretary on your side because they will be the ones who will pester the manager to fill it in. If you are sending out more, I would try to get to speak to the secreatry first, ask when would be a good time to send it in etc., if you can get them involved with the process, telling them what you are trying to do for example, they may be more willing to help you. They are paid to be nice to people who phone, but they are also there to field odd requests for their boss, which may include random questionnaires!:$(sprout) added a sprout because they are still there - why no bucket and spade, sunglasses, sailing boat etc. then? :-)

B

the database i use seems to have different "company names" to the actual company......the websites seem to not always match....

i dont know why, but it seems im getting envelopes returned to sender. although the address is 100% correct (checked with royal mail) maybe the wrong name is making in come back....

although if you send a letter with a real address but a wrong name should it be delivered?

im very angry with this database, good thing its just a short pilot.......

J

if they don't match I would probably go with the web one, although if there is a phone number, you could always give it a ring and check. If this is a pilot, are you sure you are not going to get the same result with the actual thing? i suppose whoever deals with the post may just send stuff back if it isn't addressed to someone in person who is still there. Sometimes it is a way of informing the sender that their info is out of date.:-)