Quick and silly question

K

Afternoon all,

My supervisor is usually very, very punctual with getting work back to me- I'm talking the next day, usually! This week though I sent him a chapter draft on Monday and he hasn't got back to me at all, even to acknowledge he's received it, as he usually would. He has e-mailed me in the mean time to ask for a book back which I lent him and to say thanks after I dropped it in his pigeonhole.

Should I check he received the e-mail or is it unbearably pushy of me? If it was anybody else I would think he just hadn't got round to looking at it yet but he's been my supervisor for a year and this is quite unusual.

I did warn this would be quick and silly :p

M

Sounds like he didn't get the email, couldn't hurt to check with him.

N

It does sound unusual, paticularly if he has emailed you since you sent the work and didn't mention it in that email. I would just send a little email to check, sounds like you get on alright with him so even if he has already got it and been too busy to read it, I don't think you'd be offending him!

K

Cheers,

I've sent him a quick, friendly e-mail. Don't really know why I was worrying!

N

I worry all the time about 'tutor etiquette'....silly really but you're not alone!

I hope you found out by now :-) . Next time add the option to get a "received" report to your email. ;-)