Quick Question

K

First a bit of showing off- I'm presenting a conference this weekend and sent my paper to my sup to have a look and he's said it's 'fascinating', and 'very appropriate and well structured'. Those 6, fairly innocuous, words equal the best feedback I've had in nearly a half and a half since I started my PhD so I am over the moon!
Apologies for that, but I know nobody in the real world would understand the significance of such meager titbits :$ Anyway, he has suggested some changes to wording and has inserted his comments into the original paper. Considering he's going to be at the conference listening to it, do you think it's ok to just use what he has changed, or do I need to put it into my own words?

Cheers

P

I think it is fine to just use what he's inserted, provided you are happy with the comments. No need to bend over backwards, I'd say. (If he has made A LOT of comments - which does not sound that he did - then I might rephrase some comments just to make sound more like me..)

It is always great to get good feeback and we love our sups for it, right?! :-x, well done(up)

K

Thanks for the advice Poppy, I will do that.

I know, bless my supervisor, he's very kind generally but I think he doles extra bits out now and then to keep me interested. Like a dog with treats!