Randomness - they won't let me have a single word title!!!

D

Just fancied coming up with a random post on no particular topic ... you can see my literature review is going well. So post away ... anything is possible and the best one gets a mention in my lit. review! There's an offer you can't refuse! ;)

Hmm ... first topic - why won't findaphd let me have a one word title? What if I don't want to describe it in more detail????

S

the
multiple word title is a new feature of the forum - I posted not so long ago with a single word title on the old one. Doesn't the female prospective PhD student look like Courtney Love? what's she going to study?

S

how do you even get a title?
Have I cracked it?

J

hey, what's wrong with looking like Courtney Love? Just because a person looks like Courtney Love does not mean they are incapable of doing a PhD!!!

J

Is it just me or has the message order suddenly changed?

A

Yeah, and that bloke's behaviour is typical, leaning over her shoulder and trying to take control - let Courtney program in peace! ;o)

Not allowing a single word thread title is pretty standard on forums. As the number of threads builds up, having 20 threads with the title "PhD" is no good to anyone. Having more detailed titles means users will only need to click on the threads that are of a genuine interest to them, rather than every post "just in case".

D

But sometimes just one word can say so much!!

S

Jen, I can see how you read my message, but that wasn't the way I intended it. I guess you read 'what's SHE going to study'. I just thought it would be interesting to hear a few suggestions of what we could imagine Courtney Love studying. As it happens, I wouldn't mind looking like her...

H

I don't see how you can say she looks like courtney love, just coz of the blonde hair and the pale skin?!?!?!?!?

lol.

H

just thought, Postgradforum team, can we please have some pics of fit men on the front page? How about we have a hot or not section where people can give pics of their supervisors/lecturers etc and we can then rate them? ;)

There is a picture of both a male and a female on the front page. We're sorry if you don't consider them "fit" - we can't cater for everybody's tastes! We like the "rate your supervisor" idea, but unfortunately it's not really possible - ideally we'd like to avoid court cases. How about a "PhD Love" section - dating for single PhD students? There is certainly a bit of Forum flirting already going on (no names mentioned).

H

That sounds like a good idea however the people doing the flirting (no names mentioned) are actually mostly not single.

D

Why not and then we can have the first FindaPhD wedding and even invite Cilla!

H

If I meet my hubbie on here, I'll invite everyone to my big fat indian wedding (lots of grub).