R&R: Awaiting verdict

B

Dear all,

So the moments are finally here.. that void in which the thesis disappears into nothingness!

After a year of revising and redrafting my thesis, it is now with the examiners.

Does anyone have any experience of how long the decision took to be made? My supervisors say that if I have met the examiner's directives (which I hopefully have and have addressed these in a supporting document) then the thesis will be passed and no additional changes can be requested. However, what if the changes are still not satisfactory? It is a humanities PhD so is vulnerable to subjectivity. And typically, each time I look at it I notice a typo or grammar error DESPITE having been proof read. I swear that these things grow overnight ..

The thesis is much improved, and Im proud of my perseverance - however a lot is resting on the verdict - I want to remain in academia and have great opportunities should the thesis pass. It seems that either it will pass or it will fail, so there is a reasonable (50:50) chance the verdict could go either way..

Any sharing of experiences will be greatly appreciated!

All the best!

D

I have no experience of this but know it's nerve wrecking waiting on corrections to be approved and so I feel for you. I wish you all the very best and fingers crossed!

M

I got an R&R, and my supervisor encouraged me a little bit by saying that so long I do what the examiners want, I will pass. Don't they give you the option of further minor corrections? They do in my uni.

D

I'm pretty sure someone was on the forum recently with an R & R which they passed subject to minor corrections