Rant thread

O

Gotta say Sneaks, I love that you're livid at a wood pigeon! It's as ridiculous as when I shout at a fly, telling it to "f**k off, w**ker!"

W

Rant time. Just got a call from my mobile phone provider and was asked: 'Would you like to take out a second mobile phone contract in addition to your existing one?' Out of curiosity, I asked why he thought I needed a second one and should pay twice as much as I already do? Urgh, I'm getting flashbacks to when I used to work in a call centre.

K

Today I have been told off by my supervisor (quite seriously) for giving her too many things to look at! Too many? I do everything she asks as quickly as I can and now I get told off for doing it too quickly! Just can't win sometimes....KB

Z

Many people especially for girls always try their best to make them look better. I adore many brands and it was just a flash in the pan perhaps. But my love to uggs uk has never changed. My favourite color is black which easily goes match all kinds of colors. A couple days ago I bought a pair of ugg boots black uk. That is pretty cool boots. Afterwards I started to look for some dresses for the boots. Some women sometimes get confused with how to dress themselves better. Here there are some points for you if you really love beauty. Just Learn Some Basics.louis vuitton

There are actually no hard-and-fast rules of fashion but most style authorities agree on a few basic principles no matter how cheap and tacky your clothes are. Now these are the four commandments of the fashion Bible:Always look neat and clean; Don't overdo trends; Keep ultra-bright colors away from the face and ignore lame clichs.

Always Look Neat and Clean.This is basic and most important point. Except for some special occasion, it's best to keep your jeans unfrayed, your shirt unstained and your shoes unscuffed. Grunge is over, so live with it. Take good care of your clothes and make sure you follow the right directions .Polish your boots. De-fuzz your sweaters. Even if you can't make yourself into the world's most gentle dresser, you can always improve your appearance by looking well-kept.Jean

Don't Overdo Trends. Even if leopard print is "in." In an effort to look oh-so chic, you go out and buy a hat, blouse, skirt, bag and shoes-all in leopard print. Bad move actually. It is common sense. No one would love to do like that. Similarly, don't saturate your wardrobe with any single style or silhouette. So moderation is more important to us.

Keep Ultra-Bright Colors Away From the Face No matter what your skin tone looks like, you will not look good in a bright green sweater. No one is perfect so do not trust that you will look still pretty with every kinds of pattern and color. To choose what really fit you and ignore something all of people think ugly. That is simply wise choice.

Ignore Lame Clichs. You may often hear about something like "Don't wear white after Labor Day." "Make sure your shoes match your bag." orr "Never pair stripes with plaid." Well, we're here to say that it's all a bunch of hogwash. In today's fashion trend the hardest thing is to be creative and open to new ideas. If this means ignoring old adages and overstepping traditional bounds, so be it. Ed Hardy

O

Extraordinary.

Quote From zhaka:

That is pretty cool boots.

Wonderful. Anyhooo, the wood pidgeon seems to have gone (turkey) :-)

C

Quote From zhaka:

Grunge is over, so live with it.

Gutted.

D

Quote From zhaka:

Keep ultra-bright colors away from the face

Will they melt my face?

Quote From zhaka:

"Don't wear white after Labor Day."

wut?!

C

Quote From zhaka:

No matter what your skin tone looks like, you will not look good in a bright green sweater.

In today's fashion trend the hardest thing is to be creative and open to new ideas. If this means ignoring old adages and overstepping traditional bounds, so be it.

...so I can wear a bright green sweater?

S

Is that you Gok?

I'm not sure I understand Gok Wan at all - I mean can you imagine having to wear 'control pants' all day every day - surely your insides would be squished!

C

What are clichs?

And I often wear bright coloured tops.

(sprout) for somewhat original spamming! think I'm missing what it's supposed to be advertising!

======= Date Modified 28 Jul 2010 16:43:37 =======
well apparently Woody went off to get his mate round and now they are both constantly Cooing on my blimmin roof! EFF OFF! :-s

(turkey)(turkey)

P

Quote From sneaks:

well apparently Woody went off to get his mate round and now they are both constantly Cooing on my blimmin roof! EFF OFF! :-s

I feel your pain. There's a dog outside thats been barking all day
:-s

B

You sure about this Sneaks? OK, here goes....

Got thesis back with corrections ALL over every page, but I probably mean over every single sentence. That's fine, I appreciate my sup's effort. Trouble is she thinks it'll take me two weeks to do it; having gone through it, I can definitely say it will take 5 weeks, at least - that should take me beyond the submission date. Aaaaaaaaaaaaarrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrgh....

The other thing is that I've recently developed an addiction to this postgrad forum. Is this: (a) because I no longer have friends and a social life to due to being a research student, or is it: (b) because I'm a lazy person who's simply trying to avoid doing work - or both?

Finally, I've put on a lot of weight since this whole degree started and it's really p*****g me off! It's not like I eat huge amounts, but the weight keeps piling on for some bizarre reason. Also, there's a fly colony in my study. It's hot so I keep the window open, but that's no invitation to annoying flies - they keep buzzing around me and it really breaks my concentration when I'm trying to focus really hard. Any suggestions?? (p.s. I've had a shower this morning, so no need to suggest that one).

Oh, and one more thing: have you guys been reading the news. It's depressing :-s I keep complaining about my life, but have you seen what's out there???!!! Ok. I think that'll do for now. Thanks Sneaks. My cat is meaowing for food now: it's just take, take, take in this world!