Re-submission of transfer report- 3 months to iron out issues raised in viva

B

To those of you who didn't know, I have had my transfer viva today. It wasn't appauling, and I had some positive comments, but I have not been upgraded and have been asked to submit a protocol that entails the recommendations made. In short, the scope of my study was to large and I dont have the resources to complete it in the time-span given. I have been advised to focus on one particular aspect and develop experiments to suit this.
So, Im a bit down because I worked hard for this but I wanted to ask if anyone else had a similar outcome at viva and how they have coped?

Cheers

H

I agree with DanB - don't panic! If anything they have done you a massive favour. They have engaged with your research and project proposal. They have suggested and agreed a course of action. And set a realistic deadline. I would take the weekend off, come back to this on Monday and feel really positive. They know what you are about and you know they know! Brilliant position to be in. Now don't lose the momentum by dwelling - just think this is a winning situation.