Real Estate Finance at Cambridge or L.S.E?

M

I am currently about to complete my undergraduate degree and I am planning to take a master in real estate.
I am holding offers to do MSc in Real Estate economics and Finance at L.S..E and MpHill in Real Estate Finance at Cambridge. For the time being, I am not planning to continue after that to do PhD.
Which course do you think is better and which one will be more regarded in the business environment?

G

Any Mphil is very much an "academically' oriented qualification.

M

Thanks for you quick reply.
The problem is that the University of Cambridge is awarding almost only MpHills’
Do you think that Cambridge university reputation compensate on the MpHill title?

S

MPhil is considered a 'step above' a masters, not less. It is a research-based course between a Masters and a PhD - you may get taught however this will be less than a traditional Masters course. Cambridge (and Oxford), for institutional reasons offer these rather than MAs/MScs.

T

go for Cam! my mates told me the course is really good. that's why i decide to go this oct. btw, is anyone else going to do REF at Cam?

Cheers!

V

I am too interested in joining this course.

Though i came to know about this course a little later, can u please tell whether application for this have ended?

I am basically a civil engineer from India.

Any help wuld be appreicated

C

I am studying REF at Cambridge commencing Sept this year. Does anybody have any details on the course bar the website? Who else is on the same course?

P

If you're not intending to go into academia LSE might be the best option. However you also need to bear in mind (at least for home students) their ridiculously high fees!
x

A

Hey guys,

could anyone let me know their 2nd/3rd year subjects and grades for application to the Cam course? I'm very much interested in applying. Also, any current students-how mathsy is it?