Recording references

K

Hi there all,

Ive checked out briefly EndNote and really it was a complete confusion and didn't seem to have Harvard....when I put in the data it dispayed differently to what id expect and should for Harvard.

Is it me!!!

And can anyone else suggest something to use or a system to keep track of references the best and easiest way.

Has anyone used the section on word 2010?

Any advice would be great
Thanks

D

I don't think there is a best or easy referencing system, they are all fairly frustrating in their own way! I haven't used endnote (couldn't get on with it) and have used refworks. This was the software available through work and also uni. I found it very tedious inputting data manually although importing from pubmed etc was a doddle once I worked through the help. It did give me Harvard output in word format so I could just select the relevant references and create essentially a word file for inclusion into my thesis document. It worked well for me!

Not used referencing section on word 2010, may have to look at that one myself. Would be interested to see any other comments on this.

B

I use Endnote- it took a bit of getting used to but it was well worth the time.

For Harvard; edit --> output styles --> harvard.

However, I also found the same issue that you had with Harvard not displaying references how I wanted them. So all I did was; edit --> output styles --> edit harvard to how I needed it and then saved it as 'harvard copy'. My default is now to 'harvard copy'

Hope this helps!