Referencing Help

S

Q1. I have referenced a brochure from one organization which does not have a publication date on it. But, I wrote (Organisation, 2010) as the Chief of the organisation said that it was just published in 2010 when I asked him in 2010. Is it wrong that I write year as the brochure actually does not have a year listed on it. Does that verbal confirmation counts? What should I do in this case?

Q2. I have referenced one site which does not show updated date. But, I wrote down the year I accessed i.e. (CSite, 2011). I know I can put as (CSite, n.d.) but it looks vague. This is also the same as the previous question. I asked the organisation when did they updated the site, the web master said it was 2011 but unfortunately they don't bother about putting the date either on the brochure or on the site which is making my life difficult !

Please offer some suggestions!
Thanks,
Swetch

R

*Bump* Can anyone help Swetch?

S

Here are my suggestions:

Q1: I would think that verbal confirmation is enough, and I personally would put (organisation, 2010) as that seems perfectly acceptable to me

Q2: Whenever I used a website as a ref in my thesis, I put the date at which I accessed the website rather than the date the site was last updated, eg. (CSite, accessed 29/06/2012). This allows for the fact that the info on the site may have changed since then.

S

Hi smoobles,

Thank you for your suggestions. I did not realize that my query had been answered. Sorry for the late response. I would also ask my supervisor to re-confirm on what she prefers. Thank you once again.
Swetch

S

Thank you Reenie ! Answers from Smoobles were helpful.

Swetch.