Report Writing - Are figures and tables only bound to an Appendix for a progress report???

U

Hi,

I'm completing a progress report at the moment and I have a confusion:

If you have an Appendix...must all tables and figures feature in this section alone? Or can some tables and figures be featured in the main body of the progress report?

The professor marking this is a PhD tutor which means he is very much concerned with these details!!!It would be greatly appreciated if I could have your suggestions as soon as possible...Thank you very very much!!!

A

of course you can embed figures and tables in the main section

S

Agreed, I would say figures and tables should be in the main text where practicable- most of my images are in the text, however most of my tables are in the appendixes because I have a lot of them and they tend to break up the text too much, so its easier to put them all at the end and ref to them

S

Hey almost there - how goes the writing?

A

Hi, its going quite well, thanks for asking.

I have submitted everything to my supervisors and am waiting for their corrections. So I have had the day off today!! That felt really weird!
If all goes well I am hoping to send the thesis for evaluation by the end of this week.

How is it going for you?

S

its getting there - am on final corrections now - just got the intro to tidy up tomorrow before final read through with my sup on Tuesday - then submit on Wed hopefully

Thank God!

Time for some sleep before starting agian early tomorrow

Good luck for the rest of this week

A

If readers need, in order to understand your report, to view tables and/or figures these items should be placed in the main text. If you would nevertheless put them in an appendix you are writing "spaghetti text".

Supporting material goes in appendices.

U

Thanks alot for all your input....I think what goes into an Appendix is really down to the specific material contained in my report!!

I'm just making the finishing touches now!!! But its taking AGESSSSS!!!