Reproducing / copying own Figure

C

Morning all,

A very practical question, if I may, if you are reproducing a Figure in your Conclusion Chapter that is also shown earlier in the thesis.. then would you re-number it say Figure 20, and state in text that it is a repeat of Figure 12 ?

Or would you simply state in text Figure 12 repeated below, and not specifically re-number the Figure ?

I'm edging towards not specifically renumbering it.. but .. confusion plus caffeine overload are setting in, so would be grateful for your views.

Thanks Chuff

I;d be tempted to re-number it (i.e. 20) so the reader knows where to look i.e. after fig 19, before fig 21. otherwise they;ll be flicking all the way back to figure 12.

BUT in the 'tables and figures' content page bit I'd put something like

Figure 12: picture of sneaks with hat
Figure 13: picture of sneaks with xmas coat
Figure 14: picture of sneaks with chocolate all over face
Figure 20: (replica of Figure 12) picture of Sneaks with hat

C

Thanks Sneaks.

That's really helpful and a good middle ground.

I've just had really nice feedback from one of my sups... nice feeling.... few twiddles to do ... but nothing major.

How you getting on Sneaks ( and others) still on for submission by end of year ?

Chuff

errr no, in a word, progress is really slow. My sup says she reads stuff, but doesn't, or I'll send her something and she says "oh yes, I've raed through it" and never actually gives me any feedback.

I have a lot to do though and really need to just get stuff out at the mo.