Research Interest ??

P

Hi, I have come across a PhD. opportunity in spain which asks just preferences of choice from 4 different deparments in Biological research to work in but does not say anything about peculiar topic on which one would be working on. So i have no idea what to write in 'research interest/ what do you intend to do in your PhD.' column since i dont want to write something that might slim my chances in another group but dont know how to write that could appeal to all groups which are
Bioinformatics and GenomicsGene Regulation Cell and Developmental Biology Differentiation and Cancer Genes and Disease Any suggestions pls.

A

Hi

Im not in this background so i cant be very specific to what you're looking for but I think you should focus on the following points

1. Why are you interested in Bioinformatics field in general? (What was your Masters/ Bachelors degree and was it in Bioinformatics/Biology/Bioengineering etc?)
2. What motivates you to research on Gene cell regulation. (What relevant research experience in this line do you have? for e.g. did you work in a lab before?)
3. Why are you keen on this specific disease-cancer? Why not something else? Here if i were you I would give epidemiological data and say that its a very high disease burden in many populations, incidence/prevalence etc of the disease in the country where you will do your PhD and your home country.
4. General research interests
5. Publications if you have any

Best of luck!

AJ

A

Also you can mention why you are interested in Spain? Can you live there for 3 years? etc etc

P

thanks aj.. i hav something to start on now..