Researchtogether.com

H

Has anybody accessed this website?

S

Their forum isn't very busy! An email went around the department about this a week or two ago. We'll have to see how it develops over time. Presumably, if people want to social network they'd use Facebook (or the like) wouldn't they?

T

I think the feature where you can create a project space to upload documents etc is a good one (2GB of space apparently) - certainly saves sending documents round to everyone and clogging up their email!

S

The whole ethos is different to what is here. The nature of that website is that you can't really hide behind your anonymity, so you have to post as yourself. Nothing intrinsically wrong with that, other than if you use the forum or blog you can't "sound off" about things. It could be a roaring success but as far as I can see there isn't a great deal of traffic passing through there right now. I also think that if collaboration was my target, I'd get a better response going through the mailing lists that I'm a member of. Perhaps the added value might come from cross-discipline sharing of ideas. Let's see...