scared about supervisors sanity

S

I am getting very frustrated and scared by the minute about my sup's workaholic and attention-less behaviours. Sometimes, I feel that he does not know my project at all, the only other person in the world who knows your project except you is the Sup? Am I wrong in thinking like that? When I think back about the meetings now I feel that he has not understood what I am doing and has gives general comments and my second supervisor then get a chance of slicing me. I am scared now really very much. What if I have been wasting my time with this topic? oh ouch my head hurts now :-(

E

this is normal..... ur supervisors meant to have a general and help u with finding a research question. Your supervisor is also meant to help guide ur work.... its normal for them not to know much - cos ur becoming the expert...

C

My supervisor didn't know much about my first project, and told me recently he wasn't interested in it. It was a collaboration with another department but sadly that prof was never around. I think it's normal.