Scarey thoughts as you enter your final year......

H

I know a few others started around the same time as me and therefore due to finish around the same (jojo, DanB can't remember who else).

It feels strange that 2 years have zoomed by. I keep thinking to myself, 'have I done enough work' ,'what will I end up with'.

I think I'm in a fairly good position, have written everything up to day and have the last chunk to go. I know this can all change though....but I do hope to finish on time.

How is everyone else getting on, any thoughts about the final year

L

H, I am very terrified, I am also finishing my report; everyday i keep thinking will i make it, sometimes i get so sacred that I don't work all day then regret. So, for coping all this scary thoughts am just focusing on finishing the report and ignoring everything else. I just eat, sleep if i can and work on my report. I set small targets everyday and try achieving the target. Good luck, am sure we all will make it (positive thinking)

S

H, what area was your research on, I'm on social sciences final year and its going to go for a fourth year. It was not possible at all to finish data collection. Also, I'm at the start phase of my writing. So well done on keeping up . I have not seen DanB in posts for a while now.

A

I'm feeling quite positive as I go into my final year, but it's just so scary to see people who've finished at Christmas last year who haven't yet found a job. So I'm really not that worried about my thesis, I'm worried about the dead zone immediately afterwards when I'm going to be looking for work for what seems like a long time. Will I need a postdoc forum then?

J

am trying to finish this year (my third year). i've been procrastinating a bit and done my fair share of worrying about jobs. the thought of being a third year scares me, but i think its best just to keep going rather than to dwell on it. how about we keep each other posted on our progress? perhaps we start a new thread for pacing each other through the writing up process?