Science Communication Masters

L

Hi, I work for a University and we're thinking of running a Masters in Science Communication. The programme would provide you with a theoretical awareness of science in society, public engagement with SET, science educationissues and the relationship between science and the media and the practicalskills in the effective communication of science in these arenas.

Is this something you'd be interested in studying? And would you prefer the MSc to be called Science Communication or Science and Public Engagement?

Would love to know what you think!
Thanks

C

Hey, I'm about to start my final year studying Physics at Oxford University.

I'm interested in taking a Masters in Science Communication, and personally I believe that Science Communication sounds more academic than Science and Public Engagement.

Is there a website dedicated to bringing together information on all courses of this type?

Hope this helps,
Thanks

A

Think it's a great idea, nowhere near enough experience or opportunities available for this kind of thing. (up)

Science communication sounds better to me, as the course would cover commuication to stakeholders, academics, industry, media, politicians etc as well as the general public, which is what the second title implies.