search for the ultimate beer snack??

M

so leading on from DanB's post - what do you think is the perfect beer snack? (preferably low fat!!)

M

almonds in salt.

you need to heat almonds on a frying pan, without adding anything, no oil or anything at all.
when they're hot, put them in a bowl and cover in loads of salt (like half a pound or so, depends on the size and amount of almonds, just fill the container)
almonds are not fat themselves so the salt does not stick but gives them slight salty flavour. salt can be used a few times for that and other cooking when the beer is gone

S

Surely Walkers sensations sweet chilli flavour are the best!!

J

salt and vinegar crisps but must be crinkly ones like mckoys or taytos

M

scampi flavoured nik naks - or is that just wrong?

M

Noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

A

Salt 'n' vinegar McCoys are the worlds most lovely crisps

S

Ive changed my mind,I agree that S&V McCoys are the superior bar snack!

M

anyone like anything a bit unusual??? ooo errr misses

M

you can interpret that however you like!!

J

my boyfriend likes dry roasted peanuts he says they taste like farts. How he knows that I do not know or want to know for that matter!!!!!!! Needless to say I'm never going to eat dry roasted peanuts

A

I used to like dry roasted peanuts...after Jen's story, I've changed my mind.

D

Nobby's bacon nuts!!!! Mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

D

An ex boyfriend of mine liked eating pickled egss in the pub. Unfortunately one day he was so drunk that he didnt realise that there was a cocktail stick stuck through it until blood started pouring out of his mouth.

Personally I think McCoys chilli crisps are the best

A

Oh no, I think I've just been put off pickled eggs too :o(

I broke my tooth on a pork scratching in a pub when I was 18. That was the last time I ever ate them and I can't believe I ever did eat the revolting hairy things!