seek help for my Phd

B

hello all,
I am doning my Phd on a certain topic of Brand management in indian context-A case based approach. I have a meeting with my guide where I have to explain him my plan of action. But before that i would like to do my homework well. I would be obliged if you tell me that with such a title can i just concentrate my research on a particular state (as a case) in my counrty or it has to be the entire country?

A

I think your guide/supervisor is the best person with which to discuss the scope of your project. He/she won't expect you to have all the answers but if you can show that you have been thinking about the issues involved (which you obviously have) then that will be enough. Good luck for your meeting.

B

thankyou ann for taking interest in my query. However I would say giudes are not always that simple to work with!!

A

No, maybe not However, I don't think your query is one that anybody other than the person directing your research can answer. Hope you get the info you need, one way or another. Best wishes.

B

yes i think you r right.Thanks anyways.

C

Hi Bookworm. In my experience I can tell you that you need to do a lot of reading before you are be able to ask the right questions in your research. At least that's what I did. My reaserch proposal was probably very generic at the beginning.
I have often been told to focus on something very specific from the start. I suppose it depends on the field you are in. I found out quite the opposite. If you don't have the bigger picture you have a very partial view of things. You also need to know what resources you have available and how you are going to use them. Ultimately, it's up to you to decide questions, methodology and timetable and all these evolve with time and knowledge. Probably the final result will be very different from the points you have started with.

B

thankyou corrine.