Seems to have worked : petition to ban posts like: need money for/ should i do a PhD please help? How to get a PhD?

J

The forum administrators are a bunch of single-minded folk, acting like dictators and not promoting the freedom of speech. Any opinion which is critical in the slightest, challenges dominant paradigms or established routines is deleted within minutes. The forum should be boycotted by free thinkers. PhD students should be free thinkers.

G

Pathetic. If you want to Ban me, go ahead. I was simply stating The petition to ban a particular type of posts not only violated the fundamental human right to free information, but is a hidden strategy to discriminate third world students.

R

conspiracy theorists of the world unite!!

see last thread. I rest my case

G

"Pathetic. If you want to Ban me, go ahead. I was simply stating The petition to ban a particular type of posts not only violated the fundamental human right to free information, but is a hidden strategy to discriminate third world students".

You're either a Troll (as mentioned), thick as 2 very short planks, or have some (psychological) 'issues'.

F

Sorry giri - there is no violation of the Human Right to 'freedom of information'. People can say what they want within certain limits and it is up to the admins on the forum what those limits are. If you have any questions about Human Rights I'm more than happy to answer them for you given that I'm a lawyer to trade and my PhD has a major element of Human Rights Laws contained within it. Otherwise - I'd suggest you avoid making incorrect, inflamatory statements such as this.

G

yeah Right! I am trolling, when my ideas do not match with you, call him a savage! eh?? And for the lawyer , no wonder you are stuck in a UK sub-standard University. Obviously you cant think out of the box, and have no common sense. when did you win your last case? 1945??

T

No one has called you a savage. Ok so people don't agree with what you say, but have you put your feelings and ideas across in a mature and effective manner? From the onset you wrote in an aggresive manner with insulting comments, somewhat akin to a stroppy teenager. How else do you expect people to react after comments like 'UK PhDs and UK science is crap' or claiming that someone is 'stuck in a sub-standard university'.

H

At least we can manage to do a phd in a "sub-standard" university, you couldn't even accomplish that.

Stop writing, you just make yourself look more thick with each post.

R

giri,
If the UK system is so bad and you know the state of science in the UK then how come you didnt get your PhD ( if its soooo easy ).

people on this forum are very knowledgable and more than willing to listen and offer advice, but not to you because of the incorrect and offensive remarks you make about the UK education system.

if you are an intelligent person you should be able to make a reasoned, coherent argument to back up your statements but i havent seen evidence of this yet.

do yourself a favour and leave this forum all together.

T

I always seem to miss all the fun...

R

welcome coastman. feel free to join the fray!!!

J

Why have I always thought that cold war was where political tension and military rivalry existed... . Do I sense the creation of factions?