SHOCKED!!

E

Insome light, if these people can't be bothered to do the work why are they at University?
Is it simply to keep wealthy mummy and daddy happy?- I knew plenty of people that we at University simply as they didn't want to get a job and mummy and daddy were paying for it!

D

Quote From DrJeckyll:

I had done this job myself, I am not exactly proud, but I paid the bills. I used to charge far more around 1000 pounds for a coursework and more than 3000 pounds for a master's dissertation. I was getting more money than any " normal" job would pay and I was never out of work.

How did you get into this in the first place?

D

Out of curiosity, I wonder what such people do when they actually get a job? Do they just spend their whole life paying others to do their work? Sounds like an expensive lifestyle!

Years ago, I worked with a young woman from a wealthy family who graduated from one of the best private prep schools, yet her writing was like a seven-year-old's. She never got fired because her mother was socially well-connected. Really strange.

D

Hi Delta!

anyone else working tonight?

Apparently, all this time I was a student, this business I had no idea of, was flourishing... The "services" were mainly provided by fresh graduates thrown to unemployment exactly like me.

A friend of mine already in the business gave me the first client. I was a nerd, and if I knew how to do one thing, that was courseworks! And I was desperate and hungry; I was unemployed for a good 5 months. We (my ghost and the client) got a distinction, so soon after that I received a phone call (on my personal mobile) from a friend of the first client. We receive another distinction, so another phonecall followed... I never had to search for clients; they found my mobile through the word of mouth.

Soon after I got a proper job, and dropped out. They kept calling for a while, in the beginning I was turning their offers down politely, then they would keep insisting, begging, raising the money. They all claim that they don't have time but the truth is that they are unable to deliver something decent. I talked about that with my supervisor, and he said that they are aware of the problem.

However, I am very curious about the PhDs. What the hell do they do about the data collection? Do they fake the data? And then how do they publish?

D

Quote From DrJeckyll:

However, I am very curious about the PhDs. What the hell do they do about the data collection? Do they fake the data? And then how do they publish?

That's exactly what I was thinking. Added to the fact that supervisors have at least some type of role at PhD level and surely they would pick up on whether or not a student understood the topic as they have to converse to some extent. I didn't realise it was such a problem.

D

Dalmation, probably having the best private prep on her CV helped as well. In life, it really can be about who you know and not what you know:-(

M

I guess some supervisors deserve this kind of behaviour from their students :-)

I know lots of people that respect the PhD ethics, but I also know a few that would do anything to have the title... whatever it is.

M

======= Date Modified 29 Dec 2011 12:51:33 =======
============= Edited by a Moderator =============
Removed by admin - SPAM

D

======= Date Modified 06 Feb 2012 09:08:22 =======
I'm not surprised you're shocked. That's really bad. £30 for a 2,500 word essay. Surely these sites should pay their writers more? It would probably be best sourcing your own clients.

B

======= Date Modified 02 May 2012 09:00:50 =======
============= Edited by a Moderator =============
*Removed by PostGrad Forum team - advertising*