Should I contact her?

H

======= Date Modified 07 37 2010 22:37:39 =======
Hi,

I had a PhD interview about 7 weeks ago and though I was unsuccessful for that particular advertised studentship, the interviewer contacted me and said she thinks I would be very suited to another phd studentship coming up in the next few months. After corresponding via email she said she would get back to me within 4 months.

My question is:

- Should I get in touch with her to let her know I am still interested?

Or should I just leave it as she must be very busy with academic duties etc, and will I just come across as annoying?

Hi Chococake, I say, only if she hasn't got back to you after three months, just something light reminding her that you are interested. It hasn't even been two yet, so I wouldn't worry at all at this stage.

Good luck, sounds like a great opportunity!

H

Thanks. Do you think though she thinks I would be very suited to it, they will still advertise it and I will be competing against other potential candidates?

J

They will have to advertise it to comply with legislation but if she lieks you I would asy you have a better chance - many studentships (and jobs) which are advertised (and interviewed) for already have someone's name on them. Sounds like this one might have your name on it - suggest you drop a casual line in a month or so time asking how the plans are going (you could even hang it on the back of new governement, HE cuts etc)

H

Thanks for your reply, will do so :)