Should I forward docs to supervisors pre-meeting?

I have a meeting with my supervisors coming up and have been working on some things that we discussed at the last meeting. Basically, I came up with some of ideas for some work for the project. The issue that I'm looking at is quite complex with lots of authors saying contradictory things. So now I've 2 documents, a short summary of my ideas and a longer doc detailing why I've made certain decisions, full references etc (basically a lit review for this part of the project.

My supervisors haven't asked me to send them anything so basically I'm wondering if it looks pushy if I send them either 1 or both of these docs before the meeting?

Obviously, I'll have a copy of the summary doc with me at the meeting as I wouldn't remember important details otherwise :$

J

I think you should send it to them before the meeting. It will give them time to read through the ideas so you can use the meeting time to discuss rather than just update them on the new developments.

P

Yeah, why not send it to them before the meeting, but don't be too suprised if no one has read it by the time of the meeting ( I have had that a few times). But sending it, I suppose, is part of "show and tell", can't do any harm?!

B

Send it. It will give them a chance to read it through before the meeting (reading this sort of thing at a meeting is a real no-no in my experience), and formulate their thoughts. It should move the discussion on no end. They will probably also be very pleased that you've prepared this.