Signing off from the forum

B

Thanks everyone for all the nice comments. I really appreciate them.

Yes I'm going to use my limited time wisely. I have lots of fun things I want to do (a long list!), and I'm still converting my PhD thesis into more academic journal papers. Since my viva and graduation I've had two more accepted, and have two more currently with journal editors. And I am working on two more right now. But at a very leisurely pace, and taking it carefully. It's very rewarding though.

Thanks again.

J

I'm more of a reader than a contributor but just wanted to log in to wish you all the very best for the future both academic-wise and health-wise. You've given a lot of inspiration and positivity to others & so I hope that positive energy comes right back to you. It certainly sounds like you've got lots of great stuff going on at the moment. Wishing you all the very best. (up)

W

Hi, Bilbo. Sorry if there's typos - I didn't want to miss wishing you all the very best before you leave the forum, so am typing this on a mobile phone in bed. There's little I can add to what others have already put: wise, generous, kind, helpful, inspirational...
    Without doubt you were the matriarch of this forum, a sort of 'sage-like, other worldly dispenser of advice'.  In other words, as there is a pill for every I'll, there was a Bilbo for every PhD-related no-go. You will be sorely missed here. The next tribe of baby PhDs on this forum will have to find their legs without your wise input. 
    I really hope I don't sound like a mad stalker, but I have checked out the link you've provided and, from that information, did a little search on other work you've done. All I can say is 'flipping heck', you're an academic powerhouse with a wealth of academic experiences. People really will miss you and your knowledge on this forum!

So from me, I really wish you all the very best in you aims and publishing endeavours. I thank you for all the help and advice you gave me as a PhD student, which was everything from allaying fears to helping me prepare for the viva. In fact. I've done a simple sum in my head. In the time I've been on this forum, if you'd have received a pound for every time you'd helped someone on this forum, you'd have made enough money to buy Microsoft (that's what I personally think).

Kindest regards and best wishes,

Walminski x

So from me

R

Hi Bilbo,

I wanted the thank you very much for all your help. I think you are a very inspirational person and will miss your postings.

Best wishes,

Rick

S

Hi Bilbo,

I've only found this forum towards the end of my journey but I've found your posts really helpful so thank you!

All the best for the future!

Skig

It's really sad that you are going, but thank you for all of your thoughtful, caring and wise posts. You might think that you have to be brief to save energy but I tell you what, you can teach wordy people like me a lot about writing succinct and intelligent posts that encapsulate intelligent and sensible wisdom. Best of luck Bilbo-like your namesake you are going off quite quietly but you will be sorely missed.

S

Thanks Bilbo for your contributions, you'll be missed. Well done again on the PhD though and all the best for the future!

A

Thanks Bilbo - for all your kind advice and wisdom.

Angelette

S

Hi Bilbo,

Thanks a million for the great and wonderful advice/tips/suggestions you have provided us with on the forum - you will be sorely missed by all. You are an inspiration and here's wishing you all the very best for your future.

S

======= Date Modified 27 Oct 2011 14:44:40 =======
============= Edited by a Moderator =============
Thank you for all your valuable contributions over the past 3 years.

Warm Regards and Best of Luck
PGFT:-)

C

Best of luck for the future Bilbo, you were one of many contributors that also helped me to get through the final stages of writing up and viva last year so thanks for that :)