So it begins

F

^^ Thanks very much sue - I know you weren't trying to do that, and the link was useful (they have another page of links on the site)

I was only trying to prevent the war over maths requirements to get in! Thanks for that link, I'll take a look at it

S

I'd email them again in term-time with the offer. One other thing you could try (if you have a bit of time on your hands) is to apply for a PhD that starts during what would be your final year (you could try to convince them to postpone the start until the autumn). If you succeed great. You probably won't succeed but you will have practiced the whole application process, put in words your motivation for doing a PhD and you could ask for feedback. This way, you are well prepared for the main RC season.

Make sure you have a good chat with your referees early next term to tell them what you want to do and would you would like them to do.

F

Yeah, referees are another problem, lol!

I think I will have to use my supervisor for my final year project, but the second one is difficult. Maybe my lab supervisor from last year?