social science conferences - help!!

L

Hi all

Been trying to find a conference in which to present this year, and I do not know where to start! i have checked some websites of organisations that work with my topic.

Does anyone want know a website where they list social science/human ities conferences?

thaaanks!

J

Well I would say the social sciences are pretty broad so maybe narrow it down a bit for us? Generally though I would say go onto google and put in as many combos of your field and the words meeting/seminar/conferences etc you can and see what appears... It is sometimes a bit hit-and-miss. Maybe there is a lovely list out there I am in social sciences though and not come across it yet! Or you may be able to try your dept secretary? They may get info about this kind of thing and be able to name a couple for you to get you started. Or your sup, obviously. Some of the journals for my field also have conferences... Dunno about yours though but a lead nonetheless!!

hope this helps a bit.

P

Not sure if this will be useful but you could try http://www.britsoc.co.uk/events/Conference.htm for sociology conferences.

L

thanks!!! how could i forget the BSA?