something for the Forum admin folks... :)

A

Hello there! I just noticed I received a star, so thank you very much to whoever has given it to me!! As I had no idea how they worked I hunted through the threads and found a few relating to stars and I have now figured it out. As it seems there are many people who just don't know what they are about, can I suggest to the nice folks who control the PhD forum land that they maybe make it a bit clearer the function of stars and make it easier to give stars? Only being able to award stars to the useful helper when they are also online is a bit difficult methinks!

Just a thought! :-)

S

chrisrolinski gave you the star!!

A

oooh how can you tell?! Thanks for that Sacha!!

and thanks chrisrolinksi!! :-) Made me all happy now!!

S

Admin can access a list on your profile... we know everything!!!

there is also a new post in off topics explaining stars.

C

hello...sory to hijack thread but I had a question for admins. It won't let me start threads, when i try I just get a blank screen. ANy idea why?

C

and now please ignore that previous comment. I was just being a numpty i needed to scroll down a bit!

P

Hey Forum Admin Folks - Since you have all this metadata (?right word?) about this website, I was wondering whether you could tell us some useless bit of info, but nevertheless interesting (you might already do this kind of analysis as part of the business?):

In terms of the average week, which days have the highest traffic to the forum and which days are most quiet?
Also, in terms of the typical diurnal cycle of traffic, when does the peak activity occur?

I have my own theories on this, but obviously don't have the data to back it up!

Thanks,
Poppy

S

we don't really keep a tally! As long as most of the users are ahppy so are we!!